Monday, August 24, 2015

Week 25 Recap and Hello Week 26! The Count Down Begins

8 MORE WEEKS TO MARATHON  SUNDAY....ahhhhhhh. OK, now that I have that out of my system week 25 was lousy. I was sick after trip from NYC, my fingers from the fall were hurting and swollen and I have a slight fever.

Looking on the bright side of things, I rather have all this happen now rather than 8 weeks from now!

So workouts Monday through Wednesday did not happen as I was getting over fever/cold thing. I felt better on Thursday and was able to do 5 miles on treadmill.


Friday and Saturday I rested. I was just winded from the week. On the bright side, I did enjoy the afternoon with hubby and Enzo and walked for about 4 miles to and from park. I felt a lot better and now fever and cold are gone!

On Suday I was ready to get on road and completed the 12 miles on schedule. Was hoping to do more like a 9 min/mile yet this was my first outdoor run since 20 miler and took a lot longer to warm up. 

Week 26 looks like this:
8.24.    Monday.   3 Miles
8.25.    Tuesday.    6 x Hills about 3 Miles
8.26.    Wednesday 4 Miles 
8.27.     Thursday.    45 Tempo 5 miles
8.28.     Friday.          Rest
8.29.     Saturday.     9 Mile Pace
8.30.    Sunday.         19 Miles
______________________________________
Total.                          43 Miles

Woke up today, Monday and wanted to take advantage of the amazing cool morning so decided to do 6 miles (missed from Saturday) on my hilly trail. Early morning runs are still getting the best of me pace wise and I need to do a better job of warming up before running. My pace was really off and I took about 2 walking breaks. My head was really not on the run as well and mentally I was not focusing on the run yet on other things.


This reminded me how emotions play such a huge role on performance. I have to also start getting mentally prepared for M-day!  This is the time in training where doubts and fears creep in and are such a hindrance to training performance. Have to remind myself I have worked hard and that I really want this!


I Got a great shot this morning of the sunrise which set my day of and made me feel so much better. 






Feeling a lot better physically I went to gym during my break and did a workout...I know I still need to put up what I am doing and get back to my weights.  I ended up doing the 3 miles for today's workout  (so did two running workouts today) and did squats, leg and arm raises, and back rows along with foam rolling my IT band and hips, and leg stretches.Will get this schedule organized tonight.


How do you get through a sick period, do you take time to recovery, push through, does it depend on what type of sickness? I just try and listen to my body and get rest. I realize when I do this I recover faster and get back to the task at hand sooner!

Here's to BQ'ing in 2015,
Yvonne


No comments:

Post a Comment