Monday, August 3, 2015

Week in Review and Week 23!

Going to start with the weekend because the weather was absolutely gorgeous. I got out both weekend mornings for my workouts and glad I did.
Saturday I was a bit stiff for my 7 miler and felt a bit groggy. Though I lossened up at the end it was a slow run for me at a 9:12 min/mile pace finishing at a bit over an hour. I was hoping to do a 9 min/mile or under yet overall a good run.
Sunday's weather blow Saturday's out the water as though sunny it was cool as well. Perfect set up for a brisk 10 miles. My goal was a 9:30 min/mile pace yet ended up doing in 9:43 min/mile and coming in at 1:37. I need to work on the back to back runs and maintain my pace.

Friday I did rest and went to bed at 10:00pm to really help keep my goal of fulfilling my weekend runs. I have actually been getting to be lately by 10pm and this is definitely helping alot.

Thursday I did the 35 minute tempo run outside. I was dragging on this one as it was my hilly trail yet my first outdoor run since the 20 miler. My hilly trail gets really jealous when I run other trails so when I run on it and haven't been on it for a while it makes it hard for me. Yet the trail starts warming up after I do a couple of runs on it! :)

 I know I am officially going loony when I give my trails personalities yet it keeps me going! I normally would have been at 4 miles by this time yet I am use to doing tempo runs on treadmill and have to start doing them on the road...it's totally different. 

Wednesday's 3 miler was done on treadmill along with some weight training at gym. I am working on a new weight trainung schedule and should have it up mid week.


Tuesday 5x800 was done on treadmill. Ideally I want to start doing these speed drills on a track and will see if I can get on one.
 Usually schools have them and it would be great to do speed drills on track. Speed drills on this schedule are on Tuesdays and the DC road runners has a speed workout on a track on Tuesdays so need to look at my schedule and see if I can manage this yet ideally I would like to be able to run to a nearby school and use the track in the morning. I know it will help my running pace to get on a track.

I did these 800 meters (.50 miles) between a 8 and 7:30 min/pace. 


Monday's 3 miler on treadmill

Week 23 looks like this:
Monday 8.3.   3 Miles
Tuesday 8.4.    5x Hills (about 3 miles)
Wednesday 8.5.    4Miles
Thursday 8.6.    40 Minute Tempo (4.5 mile goal)
Friday 8.7.    Rest
Saturday 8.8.    8 Mile Pace
Sunday 8.9.    16 Miles

Total.    38.5 Miles

Next half marathon will be in September. It's the Diva Half Marathon in Virginia. It's an all women field and I am am so excited for it. I am planning on PRing this race and that means getting my best personal record time.  This race is jam packed with support as it benefits Breast Cancer. I get to run in a pink tutu...luckily my sneakers already match the theme and get a pink boa and a tiara as I get to finish line. My finisher medal is also in the shape of tiara which will be handed to me by shirtless hopefully good looking men....it all for a good cause ;) this will be the girliest race ever and I can't wait!

In 2012 when I was training for the NYC marathon I was in I believe the best shape and I did the Brooklyn Half Marathon finishing at 1:42. That was my best half marathon time. By September I plan on being in better shape than I was then, so goal is 1:40 or under at 8 min/mile! I know...I look forward to seeing that too!

Here's to BQ'ING in 2015,
Yvonne



No comments:

Post a Comment