Monday, March 24, 2014

Weeks 14-16- Catch up and start of Week 17

So, the past two weeks have been crazy with snow, snow and more snow.  Week 13 did not end on a good note as I never did my evening run on Thursday and did not do my long run on Sunday.  Long runs have been my downfall thus far and I plan on getting back on track this week up until the half marathon coming up in 3 weeks!

So here we go....
Week 14: 3/10 -  Monday called for cross training.  Since I did not do anything over the weekend, I ended up doing a 3 mile run on the treadmill that day.  Unfortunately no pic as I did not bring phone with me up to the treadmill.

Week 14: 3/11 - Tuesday called or 3 miles.  I actually ended up cross training on the stair master!  I like to do the interval setting on this machine. So for about minutes I go at a comfortable speed, the after that I spend another 2 minutes at an uncomfortable speed the after that it toggles back and forth. I find this helps with increasing my endurance. Also during the comfortable speed I don't just walk up the stairs yet spend a minute skipping ever on step and kicking my leg back to get some glut action then spend another minute sort of walking like a duck and putting my toes to the corner of step to activate different muscles in legs.  Yet during the speed interval I don't really have enough time nor breath to that so I just go up the stairs as normal.

Week 14: 3/12 - Wednesday called for 5 miles. Yet I got the gym late and had to head back to work so only ended up dong 3.27 miles....womp womp womp

Week 14: 3/13 - Thursday called or 3 miles.  I ran this on the treadmill yet did not pic as did not have my phone....

Week 14: 3/14 - Friday - I rested...yet did not deserve too....womp womp

Week 14: 3/15 - Saturday - another rest day....yet truly I am with family, running errand, doing laundry....life stuff yet not running :(

Week 14: 3/16 - Sunday - I took a stand and head to gym to do 5 miles.  I actually did do 5 miles yet my phone took the picture at the "summary" screen and I did not realize it.  I also took a picture at 3.42 as this is when my husband called me to tell me the baby needed me....I was thinking I would have to get off yet I called him back about 5 mins. later and he said the baby was cool and could hold of until I was done.  I really did do my 5 miles though :)


Week 16: 3/17 - Monday - Was a snow day here and Maryland! We had about 7-9 inches of snow! So I spent my cross training day shoveling!

Week 16: 3/18 - Tuesday - Called for 3 miles which I did not....work day after a snow day was hard to get out and was just an all around BLAH day.

Week 16: 3/19 - Wednesday - Called for 5 miles which I did on treadmill. Goal was to complete and get a comfortable run in.
Week 16: 3/20 - Thursday - called for 3 miles - which I did on treadmill.

Week 16: 3/21 - Friday -  Technically a rest day, I went to gym and weight trained by doing legs and back. 

Week 16: 3/22-3/23- Saturday - Sunday - Rested as life took over and running took a back seat unfortunately.  What I missed with a 5 mile at pace speed which now standing about 8:45 - 9 min mile for 5 miles I believe and a 6 mile long run.  I do plan on getting out of this rut and getting back to running on the weekends.

Week 17: 3/24 - Monday -  called for cross training which I did on stair master.  Same routine as last week for about 25 minutes and spent  5 minutes doing abs (butterfly crunches - 3 set, 25 reps and side crunches, 3 set, 25 reps.)

So you may have noticed I have not ran outside in while using my nike ipod!  Well it finally went out of commission and I should either have a new one by the end of the week or use a sport watch which I am leaning heavily on. As much as i love the nike+ system, I would prefer to separate my music and my running stats going forward and using a watch which can sync my data to an online tracker might be the best way to go now as I push to really get my training to the next level.

In transformation,

Yvonne



No comments:

Post a Comment