Monday, July 28, 2014

4 Weeks Until M Day! 20 miles DONE!!!!

Saturday morning I was so ready to get the 20 miles done at the First Long Training Run in Central Park that New York Road Runners puts on.  This has always been a great training run for me in the past and it did not disappoint.

I ofcourse started my watch late (at the start) and it took my watch about a mile into the run to find my location and starting tracking me.  So my watch says I did 19.34 miles yet really should be 20.34 miles. I though about walking around a bit to get to 20 miles on my watch yet did not want to slow the pace down - promise I did not short change myself a couple of meters. I finished the training run 3 hours at a 9:21min/mile (and a serious calorie burn). I am okay with that an definitely want to continue to train as hard as I can for the next 4 weeks.

4 loops around the Central (1st loop is the whole park which include Harlem Hill - a great training Hill, 2nd and 3rd loops is the 5 mile loop which goes past 59th street from west to east yet does not include Harlem Hill and 4th loop is 4 miles which does not include going down the 59th street yet turning to the east side at 72 street I believe) and after all was said and done I was so happy to be in pain and happy to get to the business of recovering. Central Park is such a great trainer which is winding, hilly paved trails....would kill to have it in Maryland.

I actually felt really good at the end of the run and was able to continue to be active throughout the rest of the day purposely staying on my feet and enjoying the City.


Sunday I spent driving back to Maryland and resting. Wanted to do 3 miles to recover a bit yet after getting home after the drive, spirit could not.  Today, Monday -  3 miles???? well, I have not done 3 miles as of 7:30pm right now and plan on starting back tomorrow Tuesday continuing on with schedule which calls for 5 miles which will be done around my hilly neighborhood.





In Transformation and Consistency,

Yvonne

No comments:

Post a Comment