Thursday, July 9, 2015

What I have learned and How I have Changed



So 18 weeks ago I started my training for the Marine Corp. Marathon! My goal is to get a qualifying time for the opportunity to run the Boston Marathon. I have done the New York Marathon twice with finishing times respectively at 4:19 and 4:30 and the Santa Rosa Marathon in California with finishing time of 4:00.

I need to get a time of 3:30 or under to qualify for the Boston Marathon and this journey is all about getting this time. Using Hal Higdon's Marathon Training schedule I hope to qualify this year.

18 weeks ago I started on Advanced Marathon Training Program 1 at a average pace of around a 10:30 min/mile and I would say now I am about an average pace of a 9:30 min/mile. I need to get to about a 8:00 min/mile average pace to have a shot of achieving a qualifying time.

I started my journey this year weighing about 150 pounds and I am now 142 pounds. My goal is between 125-130. My measurements to start were 34 inches under bust, I am now at 30, 34 waist, I am now 31 1/2, 40 hips, I am now 38 1/2 inches, 25 thighs, I am now 22 and 12 inches arms, I am now 11 1/2.



I have learned that I like tempo runs the best and do well when I am counting calories. I need to be more consistent with keeping to my running schedule and pushing my pace harder to reach my pace goals. 

I have also learned I am at my best when I weight train along with my running schedule and morning runs are bliss when I can get up from my bed! Helping to that point would be to lay out my clothes for my morning runs and make sure all electronics are charged watch, phone and ipod. Also nature's music is becoming a fast hit as I can also decided to run without any electronics and still be okay.
I have learned I am better at everything else when I move and running is an amazing teacher, teaching me that patience. determination, consistency and will- will lead to reward!

Here's to BQ'ING in 2015,
Yvonne 

No comments:

Post a Comment