Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Wnd Wrap Up,Week 19 and Game Plan for Advanced 2 Training

Celebrated the end of Advanced 1 Training Program with the Xterra 15 K Rosaryville Trail race on Sunday. Did not realize this race is a part of a series of races for the Adventure Geek Group which specializes in hosting unpaved trail runs. This was the first run that I have done where the entire run was on trail and you are pretty much single filing it the whole way as the trail is that narrow. So in order for me to pass a runner I had to wait until there was a wide enough clearing and run really fast to get in front of them. It was pretty muddy on the trail and I fell twice!!! Yet I recovered and managed to get to the finish line.

I ended up in second place for my age division (35-39) so that was amazing - check it out at link below!
  The field was 92 runners and I finished in 1:40:35 at 10:48 min/mile pace! My goal time of 1:15 was shot when I realized the terrain of the course - rolling hills and valleys, rocks and mud puddles and crazy curves - race route in pink!
Picture
. The best parts where when I had to pass a stream - yes a stream - and go over a log....though I felt like I was on Survivor, the run was a lot of fun! I guess with such a crazy trail it hard to really say how many miles it is yet my garmin recorded 8.80 miles...though I really wanted my half mile (.50) to make 9.3 miles (offically 15K) I was happy to be done!
On Saturday I did 2 miles. I ended up not doing the tempo run that I wanted to make up and decided to call in my "make ups" and start fresh with Advanced 2 Schedule.

Monday through Thursday of last week I pretty much did the 3miles, 2 miles, and 4x400 called for in schedule - though I took treadmill picks I went eraser happy on my phone and accidentally erased last week treadmill pics along with the bazillion other treadmill pics I had on it...sooo...yeah!

WELCOME TO ADVANCED 2 TRAINING SCHEDULE - I am staring at week 5 on the scheudle as I only have 14 Sundays until MARATHON SUNDAY!!!! 

As to not make it confusing I will continue to count on when naming week so this week is Week19 from when I started my training on March 9! So Week 19 looks like this -

7.13      Monday         3 miles
7.14      Tuesday         35 tempo (about 4 miles)
7.15      Wednesday    3 miles
7.16      Thursday        3 mile pace (goal pace is 7:50 or 22.5 minuets) 
7.17      Friday            Rest
7.18      Saturday        7 miles
7.19      Sunday           14 miles
Total                           34 miles       




With the crazy Xterra run on Sunday (falling twice and also sort of twisting my right ankle on a rock..forgot about that) I decided not to run yesterday - Monday already missing a 3 mile scheduled run - I am okay with that.  I will not be making up missed runs and plan to do exactly what is on the schedule.  My goal is to not miss a run yet I will rest as to let my body heal and avoid injury.

Need to get my Marathon Play List started! Top 5 so far on my list are Sia - Elastic Heart, Rachel Platten - Fight Song, Shaggy - I Need Your Love, OMI - Cheeleader and Fifth Harmony - Worth It.

What songs are getting you going right now? Mines change monthly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment