Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Weekend Wrap-up and Week 18 Finale!

It is Week 18 and the final week of Advanced Schedule 1 Marathon Training by Hal Higdon. Very excited to finish and looking forward to Advanced Schedule 2 - my official training schedule which will actually end on Marathon Day - October 25th!
It's been three and a half months since I started and will have a "what I have learned and how I have changed" blog for you on Wednesday with weight and measurements....I know I slacked off big time on those; I will be better next schedule. Yet below is a fun pic of me and Enzo on July 4th at the pool. Though rainy we managed to get in the pool for his swim class! 

I accomplished Week 17 with 6 miles on Tuesday. I did this outdoors and happy it was a early morning run. 
Wednesday I did 4 miles on Treadmill.

My 30 minute tempo run turned out to record as 25 minutes as 5 minutes into my run I hit the stop button on treadmill by mistake (I will inevitably have this happen at least one more time in my training) and had a bus to catch so I had to go...but got more minutes in as I practically ran for my bus.

Friday's rest day was not that great as I worked really late and ended up not going to bed until after midnight. I barely got up for my son's morning swim class and with on and off rain and hoping to see fireworks later that night for the 4th of July my 4 miler sadly slipped away. 

Happy to say I got to see fireworks as the rain subsided yet I had to make up the 4 miles by turning my 8 mile Sunday run into a 12 miler. I psyched myself out by running 4 miles and then resetting my Garmin when I began my 8 miles.
Both legs however where slow as lack of sleep over the weekend (also got to bed around midnight  after fireworks) took a toll and the heat and humity on Sunday (ran in the afternoon) did not help. Also not the gre at estate idea to combine these run yet really want to get the mileage in...so staying consistent still is something I must get better so doing this or missing a workout are no longer options!

Week 18 looks like this:
7.6       Monday          3 miles
7.7       Tuesday         2 miles
7.8      Wednesday    4x400
7.9      Thursday        REST
7.10      Friday           TEST
7.11     Saturday       2 miles
7.12     Sunday         Marathon 15k Xterra Race! 

So Week 18 is suppose to be the taper week we're you reduce mileage substantially and rest as your suppose to run a marathon on Sunday. Well remember I had a couple of make-up workouts to do! Here is the week I make up a 40 minute tempo run and 9 miles I believe. Will check back to see yet will make up the longer run on Thursday and do the temp run on Saturday along with the two miles!

Excited to run the Paul Mitchell Xterra 15k on Sunday here in Maryland. It is 9.3 miles and I am looking forward to having a run under race conditions.

I will start Advanced Schedule 2 next Monday, below's link is a sneak peak of the next 18 weeks!

http://www.halhigdon.com/training/51142/Marathon-Advanced-2-Training-Program



Here's to BQ'ING in 2015,
Yvonne






No comments:

Post a Comment