Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Weekend Wrap-up and Week 17


Finished up Week 16 with 4 and 12 miles runs.  My goal for last Thrusday's 4 miler was to complete in 32 minutes at 8 min/mile. This felt really good to do and was happy to get to that speed and looking forward to ramping up my speed on runs between 4 and 10 miles between 8 and 9 min/miles.
 
 
A bit over 12 miles was done. I underestimated how far I had run and ran over 12 miles; fine since I owe myself some mileage anyway. I was pretty consistent on this run and walked for about a minutes on this run.  My hilly trail is becoming more and more comfortable and I am getting faster completing the trail!
 
 
Week 17 looks like this -
 
June 29      Monday             4 Miles
June 30     Tuesday              6 Miles
July 1        Wednesday        4 Miles
July 2        Thursday            30 Tempo
July 3         Friday                Rest
July 4         Saturday            4 Miles
July 5         Sunday               8 Miles
___________________________________
Total                                        26 Miles and 30 Minute Tempo Run
 
Monday's 4 miler on the treadmill was completed in 39 minutes. My right ankle was feeling a little off so I did not push the pace as I wanted and will ice a bit more. I turned over my right ankle weeks ago when I went on the 20 mile run on the Mt. Vernon Trail and I did not ice it right away. So I plan on incing and stretching it out a lot more so it does not get worse.

 

 
Besides that I am feeling really well and started reading Hal's approach to Advanced 2. Feeling excited yet a bit scared as he starts the article with "Welcome to my most difficult program, Marathon Advance 2"! I look forward to the challenge though.
 
Thinking of doing a 15k (9.3 miles) race in about 2 weeks in Maryland. This will be a race 2 week before my 20 miler so almost half the distance. Hoping to signup soon and will let you  more details.  How are you challenging yourself lately? Where do you go to look for community events to help you reach your goal?
 
Here's to BQ'ing in 2015,
Yvonne
 


No comments:

Post a Comment