Friday, August 7, 2015

Almost End of Week Wrap-Up


It's FREEEDDDAAAYYY, ok Friday and I am going to rest.....from running. Will hit gym for some core work and stretching!

Monday's  3 miler on treadmill felt good. I completed in 24:36 so a bit over an 8 min/mile pace. Still working towards a 7:50min/mile pace 3 miler at about 23 minutes.

Tuesday's hill work was just okay. I did it in the morning and I am planning on doing all speed work (hills, track and tempo runs) in the mornings.  I have not done hills in a quite some time so definitely had to shakeout the cobwebs. I started with a 1 mile warm up and then hit the hill for five repeats. I started out conservatively as always to have enough steam at end. My last hill was my fastest so happy about that and I completed at 2:12 at 7:54 min/mile. I know I can do so much better than this on these hill repeats so next hill routine I am going to release as much energy as possible. Its getting closer to crunch time and now its time to really turn things up, I just have to get into the mindset that my I am ready now to do BIG things :)

Wednesday's 4 miler was done on treadmill, slight slow down in the middle of run as I cramped up for a bit ye was able to stretch it out, continue and finish.

40 minute tempo run was awesome as weather was amazing in the morning. Unfortunately, I though I pressed button on my garmin watch yet when I look down and the point when I thought I was half way done with run and feeling amazing and wanting to see where my pace was.....the current time was just looking back at me....I never started the clock!!!!! Ahhhhh, well I believe I did a great 40 minute tempo run, going fastest in the middle of the run and feeling really good at end. Here are some selfies to prove it! :)
My winding trail
Real women sweat!!!!


I will put up my weight training workout on Monday and will be weighing in on Wednesday with measurements. I have been good with calorie counting the past 2 weeks and hoping I moved the needle!

I am feeling ready for my weekend workouts of 8 mile pace run and 16 miler and I will be heading to bed early to really put up an amazing effort on both these runs! Looking forward to weekend wrap up and week 24!

What's on the agenda this weekend for you? Besides running I am spending some time with my niece and my really good girlfriends who are in town. Husband, Enzo and I hope to hit beach as my reward after my 16 miler on Sunday so lots to look  forward to.  Enjoy!

Here's to BQ'ing in 2015,
Yvonne

No comments:

Post a Comment