Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Weekend Recap and Week 24

The weekend weather held up again for me and I was able to complete both runs.
On Saturday I did a 8 mile pace run. I am still working on running on pace and will bump up my speed significantly on outdoors runs. For me that means simply running outdoors more. I am still relying on treadmill so will need to just take the run outside more often. I completed this run at a 9:12 pace. My goal pace 8:00 min/mile for marathon.
Sunday's long run was tough. I started out slow and ended slow. I was just tired yet determined to get it done. I believe that the long run after a full week on training is really to strengthen your GRIT for the moments in the marathon that are just done...tired...sore...in my case maybe a bit sleepy...yet you keep pushing! About a mile in I really just wanted to turn back around and run to my bed. Yet I remembered I had a beach date with my hubby and son and it would be more rewarding for me to finish this. So 16 miles done at 10:37 min/mile and GRIT strengthened by 200%


We made it to the beach and had a great time..
I also felt really good too.

Week 24 looks like this -
8.10.   Monday    3 miles
8.11.   Tuesday     40 min tempo (4.25 miles)
8.12.    Wednesday    4 miles
8.13.    Thursday    3 mile pace
8.14.    Friday    8 mile pace
8.15.    Saturday    REST
8.16.    Sunday    20 miles
Total.    42.25 miles

Withe the 2nd 20 miler in NYC this weekend I will do Saturday's 8 mile pace run on Friday and rest on Saturday. Ofcourse also instead of doing 17 miles on Sunday I will do the 20 miles.

 Working on my playlist and currently have about 30 songs. Looking forward to testing the list out this weekend. What's on your current Playlist now that get you motivated and builds up that GRIT?

Here to BQ'Ing in 2015,
Yvonne

No comments:

Post a Comment