Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Week 24 Recap and Week 25 - 67 Days to M Day!

Let's start with last Sunday!!! Second long training run in NYC Central Park. It's always fun running in Central Park and you know how much I love it.  I ended up running with the 9:00min/mile pace group. I flirted with the idea of running witht the 8:30min/mile group yet the morning was extremely hot and muggy even at 7:00am in the morning. I did not want to chance going out to fast and from my experience last time you end up going a couple of seconds faster as everyone in the pack is pumped up and ready to run at the start.  Your pace starts to even out around the second loop ( miles 6 to 7)  so I figured that I could always speed up ahead if I wanted to yet it would be harder for me slow down a little bit and maintain a slower pace, I usually end up slowing down a lot if I go out to fast.  
 
 
I ended up with a 9:14 min/mile pace. I did slow down on my last loop and lost the group yet I was not that far behind. I am happy with this time (though a whole minute slowr than my goal race pace time) yet still have alot of speed work to do if I am going to Boston Qualify. Goal now is to really hit my pace goals or getting extremely close them - goal is between 8:00 and 8:15 min/mile for Marathon.
 
Last Monday's 3 miler I finished in 25:37 - about a 8:15 min/mile.
 
  Last Tuesday's 40 minute tempo run - I know...on treadmill, could not get outside last week
 :( yet did my highest mileage of 4.5 in 40 minutes :)
 
Last Wednesday's 4 mile run, 8:11 min/mil! More like it :)  
 
 
Last Thursday's 3 mile pace run- 8:19 min/mile
 
Saturday I went out for my 8 mile pace run. At the half way point, around 4 miles I tripped and fell.  I usually have about 2 bad falls during a training cycle....just plain weird.  This was a bad one as I sprained my fingers on my right hand. Luckily I fell in front of a really nice house and even luckier for me the residents happened to be home! They saw me laying flat face down on their lawn...yeahhh that bad....they were kind enough to give me a bag of ice for my hand.
 
I ofcourse paused my watch during this and assessed the damage! I was happy that it was not my ANKLE, TOE OR FOOT! So that meant I could run back home. I ran back home because my saying is "A Runner is Goin' to Run"! I finished 8 miles yet definitely no where near goal pace.
 
My fingers are still a bit swollen yet I will live...and run.
 
So Week 25 I am supposed to do a half marathon this Sunday. I will actually be doing my half marathon on September 26th! So what I am doing is switching out the weeks to match the half marathon week's workout that week in Septmeber.
 
So my Week 25 looks like this:
Monday         8.17         5 miles
Tuesday         8.18        45 minute tempo (4.75 miles)
Wednesday    8.19       5 miles
Thursday       8.20        5 mile pace
Friday            8.21        Rest
Saturday        8.22       6 mile run
Sunday          8.23       12 miles
_________________________________
Total:                           37.75
 
 
Weather seems to be getting cooler....smelling fall in the air which makes fall training so nice! This is great motiviation for me to get out in the mornings and enjoy it :) M day is 67 days away....ahhh don't want to start counting down yet excited to start counting down!!!!! What are you counting down to???
 
Here's to BQ'ing in 2015,
Yvonne
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment