Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Recap and Week 28 - 7 Weeks to M-Day

Labor day weekend was great and on Monday I kicked of the day with my fourth 20 mile run of my training cycle!
On Sunday I woke up thinking "it's a holiday tomorrow", and I can sleep in and head to church instead of rushing my long run and thinking about getting ready for church the whole time.. ok just being completely lazy.
My handsome church date!


I ended up finishing the 20 miles a bit under 3 hours and 30 minutes at a  10:14 min/mile pace. I started off pretty slow as I did my hilly trail first and picked up speed closer to the end of the run. Yet I know this is not my optimal pace but happy to just get the 20 miles under my belt.


Though I have 2 more 20 milers scheduled I will just be doing 1 more on October 3rd. This will actually be a race in Spotsylvania, VA, The 13th Annual Stonewall Jackson Ambulance Run.


This will be a great opportunity to race 20 miles and the best indications of my pace as I have trouble motivating myself to run at pace on my long runs in fear I will burn out and not finish. I need to trust my body and accept the speed I know I have and the ability to make it to the end....no holding back!

On Saturday I had to go into work early so I ended up doing my 10 mile pace run on the treadmill....I know I said I also wouldn't to this yet desperate times called for this measure as I knew I would not get it done if I went home. I got to the gym about an  hour and half before closing and could not get to 10 miles, I ended up doing 8.42 miles at about a 9:30 min/mile pace. No luck in finding a treadmill that goes on after 60 mins so had to restart treadmill to get more mileage.

Wednesday 5 miler done on treadmill

Week 28 looks like this:
9.7. Monday          
9.8  Tuesday          6x800 (4miles)
9.9  Wednesday    5 miles
9.10 Thursday      45 minute tempo (5miles)
9.11 Friday           4 miles (Monday's.   
                                  skipped workout)
9.12 Saturday       6 mile pace
9.13. Sunday         12 miles
________________________________________
TOTAL                    36 miles


So 7 weeks until Marathon Sunday. Looking forward to the Pasta Dinner night bode and the expo where I will pick up race number. With Diva Half Marathon and the Stonewall Jackson 20 miler  I have lots to do before then. Sticking to calories counts an starting my weight training program this week as was not able to start last week. Ab workouts of leg raises and sit ups killed me as my go to crunches seemed way easier and doing a full sit up made me sweat!
If your following along hopefully day 1 do d not shock your abs. Looking forward to completing this week as planned!


Here's to BQ'ING in 2015
Yvonne




No comments:

Post a Comment