Monday, September 28, 2015

Recap, DIVA Half M and Week 31 - O.N.E. More Month to M Day!

The Diva Half Marathon was extremely exciting and HARD. I am not sure why I thought it would be an easy run. I was lured by the tutu, tiara, boa and hunky men giving out the amazing finisher medals that I completely forgot to stake out the course! It was extremely hilly and curvy! The one great thing was that it was a mostly all women field and that was awesome. Very rarely do I get to run with just women - the energy on the course is just different...in a good way!

I ended up finishing in 1 hour and 50 minutes! My girlfriend Tyra finished in 1:41! So proud of her. The top finisher finished in 1:32! So I am happy with the time yet boy or boy do  I have so MUCH more work today to do.  

Last week I got outside and completely my 5 mile run on my hilly trail at a 10:00 min/mile, 50 mins. The long sleeves came out as it was really cool yet I warm up pretty fast so it nice to have the brisk air at the start of the run.
 

 

I did do my 8 x hills yet the double duty 5 miler did not happen.  I averaged about a 2:10 minute for the 8 hills. I got out really late at night about 7:30pm so visibility was not all that great out on the hill and I mainly just really wanted to get the workout in. I have not kept to my goal of doing hills in the mornings :( Yet for the last hill work out this week I will do it in the morning and really  just leave all my effort on the hill!) Also I did not do my 8x800 meters workout on the track  - I definitely need to squeeze this workout in somewhere...


6 miles run I did this morning. Legs felt pretty sore the next day yet was able to run and now they feel great. The hill trainings that I have done I feel prepared me for this last half marathon and allowed me to get through the hills. It was really challenging yet it was such a great training run and I know I am stronger for the marathon because of it. I definitely want to do this run again and get better each time.

This week schedule looks like this:



Monday         9.28     5 mile run
Tuesday         9.29     6 x hills
Wednesday    9.30     5 mile run
Thursday        10.1     40 minute tempo (I will attempt to do 8x800 track workout in morning
                                    and then the tempo run in afternoon.)
Friday            10.2      REST
Saturday         10.3     20 miler - Stonewall Jackson Run in VA
Sunday           10.4     10 mile pace run


I will follow the below weigh training routine for the next 2 weeks. Goal is to get as many workout in as possible. The week before marathon as I taper I will jut focus on abs and stretching workout so I really need to focus and really stay focused these last 3 weeks of training on my weight training routine.







FOCUS ON YOUR GOAL  EVERY TIME
PICKING IT UP  Increase workout intensity, change some workouts
Day 1  Cardio  30 minutes Increased Intensity *To superset do both ab workouts without pausing in between. After you have completed them rest for about 30 seconds then repeat for a total of 3 sets.
Cardio 1st. Then lower followed immediately by upper ab workout. Repeat circuit to complete 3 sets      Sets Reps
*Superset Abs    
Upper Abs  Bicycle Twist 3  to failure
Lower Abs Seated Leg Extensions 3  to failure Failure means that you continue until you have to struggle to get one more rep. Save the workout that you do till failure until the end of your routine
Day 2     Sets Reps
Start with squats then Back Ext. then Leg Ext then One Arm Rows then Hamstring Curl Legs Squats 3  to failure
  Leg Ext. 3 12-15
  Hamstring Curl 3 12-15
Back  Back Extensions 3  to failure
  One Arm Dumbell Row 3 12-15
Day 3 Cardio  30 minutes Increased Intensity
Cardio 1st. Then lower followed immediately by upper ab workout. Repeat circuit to complete 3 sets      Sets Reps
*Superset Abs    
Upper Abs  Bicycle Twist 3  to failure
Lower Abs Seated Leg Extensions 3  to failure
Day 4 REST
Day 5     Sets Reps
Do overhead ext. first, then alternating curls, then lunges. Then EZ bar curl then then bench dips Biceps EZ Bar Curl  3  to failure
  Alternating Curls 3 12-15
Triceps Overhead Extensions 3 12-15
  Kickbacks 3  to failure
Legs Standing Lunges 3  to failure
Day 6 Cardio  30 minutes Increased Intensity
Cardio 1st. Then 1 rep of lower, 1 rep of Obliques, then 1 rep of Upper abs. Rest the repeat circuit 2x     Sets Reps
*Superset Abs    
Upper Abs  Bicycle Twist 3  to failure
Lower Abs Seated Leg Extensions 3  to failure
Obliques  Oblique Crunch  3  to failure
Day 7     Sets Reps
First dumbbell bench press, then lateral raises, then dumbell flyes, bent over lateral raises Chest Bench Press (Barbell) 3  to failure
  Dumbell Bench Flyes  3 15-20
Shoulders Front Raise 3 15-20
  Lateral Raises 3 15-20
  Bent Over Lateral Raises 3 15-20
REPEAT A SECOND WEEK
If you are following along I hope you are seeing some results. I definitely see more definition in arms, shoulders, abs and calves!


Looking forward to my 20 miler run in Virginia on Saturday. This will be my last really long run and will see it as a celebration. My fourth 20 miler this cycle so will remind myself of that as I run :)

I am also celebrating my son's 2nd birthday on Thursday...time has surely flown by and I look forward to drowning him in even more kisses than normal on Thursday.  What are you celebrating this week?

Here's to BQ'ing in 2015, 

Yvonne 

No comments:

Post a Comment