Monday, June 1, 2015

Wednesday Weigh-In, Week 12 and Hello Week 13

So week 12 definitely took its toll and I needed to dig real deep for energy. I did not complete my 5 miles on Tuesday and ended up resting that day. On Wednesday I did the 5 miles instead of the scheduled 6 miles and on Thursday went to gym to attempt a 6 miler yet my energy was real low and I ended up doing a weight training session which surprisingly wiped me out more than a run would have.
On Friday I did Thursday's speed workout of 7x800 meter with 200 meter (.25) rest period in between averaging between 7.5 to 8 0 speed (8 to 7.47 min/mile).


Surprisingly my weight has not changed since 2 weeks ago yet in the past 2 weeks I have not done much with my diet in terms of reducing calories significantly as I prepared for my 20 mile run last week. Last week was just weird as energy was really low and I plan on focusing a lot more on diet and muscle tone as really long runs are now out of the way for the next couple of weeks and I can concentrate on conditioning.

Arms and chest are same at 12 and 32 inches respectively.


Waist and hips went down about a inch with waist  now at 31 from 32 and hips down from 40 to 39.


 
Uggg, thighs are same....squats, lunges and elipitcal here I come! 
 
 
With fatigue settling in by the weekend I decided to rest on Saturday and Sunday missing my 6 mile pace and 12 mile scheduled workouts.  There is a period after my Advance 1 schedule which I will be taking taking off, about a week before moving on to Advanced 2 schedule that I will make up this mileage. As it stands I have missed now 1. 4 mile run, 2. 40 minute tempo, 3. 6 mile pace and 4. 12 mile run. I will continue with Week 13 as planned and hopefully the remaining weeks in this plan as scheduled :) 
 
Week 13 looks like this -
 
Monday        6.1     4 miles
Tuesday        6.2     10 miles
Wednesday   6.3      5 miles
Thursday      6.4      7xhills
Friday           6.5     Rest
Saturday       6.6     10 mile pace
Sunday         6.7     20 miles 14 miles (This 20 mile run will be done on July 26 with the New York 
                               Road Runners) So workout for July 26, (14 miles) will done instead.
 
Back to really counting calories as so far today have had 2 waffles (230), banana, (100) homemade green drink (100) and pasta with tofu stir fry at about (300)calories! Kind Bar (150) and yogurt at (130) at a total of 1010-  1400 is my limit today as I did 4 miles this morning (first time back on road since 20 miler...so slow) and weight training planned for this this evening leaving me with about 400 calories left for dinner.
 
 
Below is my workout conditioning plan taken from Women's Health Magazine....FINALLY!  3 times a week with a rest day in between each session - Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
 
Plan on doing this for schedule 4 weeks.
 
Happy June everyone!
Here's to BQ'ing in 2015,
Yvonne

No comments:

Post a Comment