Sunday, June 21, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up and Week 16 - B-DAY!


Week 15 did not pan out as planned yet what it lacked in consistency it made up it in fun! Today's long run turned into a 5.75 miler instead of a12 miler. I was in New York City and thought I would get out to Central Park for 2 loops around the 6 mile acreage yet with Father's Day and my best friend's birthday brunch, time was not on my side and I decided to make it a "fun run" and head to my old running grounds at the Cloisters in Washington Heights. It was awesome being back here and I enjoyed every step.
Well the Saturday curse of no running endured unfortunately and my running before leaving Maryland to NYC did not happen. My goal was to do 10 miles yet with 10 miles done on Friday due to not doing the 10 miles on Tuesday stymied me. Plan is to finish out Weeks 16 through 18 on schedule without make ups and taking my rest days on Fridays to stay consistent on weekend runs.
Tuesday's 5 miler turned into a 3 miler on the treadmill and a toning session as I was short on time and really wanted to weight train. So I had do cut my run short to get the weight training routine done during work break.


Back to square one on getting runs done in the mornings to weight train during my work breaks - still striving.
Wednesday instead of my 10 miler I ended up doing 5 miles. 

Too many excuses to say, yet that was  bad as  Week 15 went downhill as I set myself up to make up that missed 10 mile workout on Friday and the do another 10 miles on Saturday. Note to self....don't do that again.

Thursday's speed workout of 8x400 went well. Yet my phone died and I did not have enough juice to snap a treadmill pic. I averaged between a 8:34 and 8:00 min/mile. Confident that next training cycle I can start at 8:00 min/mile for 800 meter workouts.

Friday I did 10 miles outdoors and happy to say I did not take a walking break! I believe this is my fastest 10 miler yet!


Week 16 looks likes this:
6.22 Monday  5 Miles
6.23 Tuesday 8 Miles (my birthday - yiippee)
6.24 Wednesday 5 Miles
6.24 Thursday 6 x Hills
6.25 Friday REST!!!!!
6.26 Saturday  4 Mile Pace (goal is 8 min/mile at or under 32 mins!)
6.27 Sunday 12 Miles
__________________________________________
Total              34 Miles and 6xhills


How did you or how are you planning on spending your birthday? After I unwrap my 8 mile gift which I will do in the MORNING!!! :) I plan on celebrating with co-workers and then dinner with Herbi and Enzo - the 2 greatest gifts of my life!

Here's to BQ'ing in 2015,
Yvonne

No comments:

Post a Comment