Monday, June 15, 2015

Weekend Wrap-up and Week 15

I had an amazing weekend of fun and family. The weather was great besides short bursts of rain yet the sunshine outweighed and I am looking forward to living for the weekends this summer.
This past weekend consisted of some running yes and also some pool time with family...extremely refreshing after a run!
on Thursday I did my 45 minute tempo run and on Friday I made up Wednesday's 5 mile run - both where done on the treadmill.

Saturday called for a 6 mile run and Sunday called for a 12 mile run. I again ended not running on Saturday and so the 6 mile run was done today - Monday....the cycle must be broken as when I run on a Friday it's really tough to get that Saturday run in. 

Sunday's long run of 12 miles was good though the heat was on at 8:30am when I got out. I looked forward to the shady parts of the run.

week 15 looks like this:
6.15 Monday             5 miles
6.16 Tuesday             10 miles              5 mile
6.17 Wednesday         5 miles               10 miles
6.18 Thursday            8x800                   5 miles
6.19 Friday                 Rest                     8x800
6.20 Saturday             10 mile pace
6.21 Sunday                20 miles 12 miles

Total                            42 miles and 8x800

With my 20 miler in NYC a month away I will not be doing this Sunday's scheduled 20 miler yet will instead do12 miles on Sunday. Since I did not do Monday's workout I am shifting everything down a day. I just need to get this Saturday's workout in and tough it out to break the cycle...lol.

I am feeling stronger and more confident to really start going faster on my runs. My breathing and strides have improved and my legs are getting stronger. This week and going forward I am going to make efforts to stay consistent on a set pace in preparation for next training schedule where I also will be documenting all pace goal efforts. I am also on the look out for a race! Would like to get a 10k or 10 miler in before my 20 miler in NYC in July.

What makes you feel ready to move on to something more challenging than what you already do?

Here's to BQ'ING in 2015,
Yvonne


No comments:

Post a Comment