Friday, February 14, 2014

Week 10: Friday - 7x400

So 400 meters is .25 on treadmill. I did seven 400 meters within 3.5 miles with recovery ever other 400 meters. Stamina is building up and my body is getting better at going from comfortable run to full blown speed and back to comfortable run. For the last two 400 meter aessions I cranked jp the spped to an 8 min/mile and was able to sustain such seped for the entire time.  Running legs sre comeing back and runn8ng posture is getting better.

This training reminds me a lot about what it takes to run a marathon. You have to be able to dig deep when you don't want to and gear up to make it through whatever obstacle come up during the race. You also have to be patient and know when to push it and when to enjoy the ride.

Training for the marathon is great physcially, yet it also a great mental workout to start devloping strategy that I will use on marathon day!

In transformation,

Yvonne

No comments:

Post a Comment