Sunday, February 2, 2014

Week 8: Sunday - 8 miles

Usually like to get long runs out of the way early mornings yet with still trying to figure out how to get out in the mornings consistemtly with a new born, the afternoons will have to do.

The schedule called for 8 miles yet to my surprise I ended up doing 9.5 miles. The weaather was gorgeous and maybe that had something to with it. I had a route in mind and told myself I would not look at my mileage until I ran a certain amount of time on my route. After an hour I had ran 6 miles. I was surprised because I felt I was running a bit slower yet I believe I was just really consitent with my pace I(yesterday's tempo run helped). The next time I looked at ipod I had run 9.5 miles!

Running is becoming more and more fluid and I feel confident to push my pace lower and give a little more for Week 9 by shooting for 9:15 to 9:22 min/mile om my 3 mile run and lower that 9:30 min/mile average on my runs this week.

In tranformation,

Yvonne

No comments:

Post a Comment