Thursday, December 5, 2013

Day 3 - HILLS!

So technically I did hills this morning, on my Day 4 day which is today, December 5th - early this morning about 5:30am.  I will do my 3 miles for Day 4 tonight at the gym before my total body conditioning class.  Yesterday was just a tough day to get out and do hills and there will be days like this when as much as I want to, I wont be able to train. I personally don't like to skip a workout and more often finding myself playing catch up. I hope not to play catch up to often yet with such short workouts in the beginning, I feel comfortable doubling on occasion.

I got out this morning and found a great hill near my house.  I ran the first leg at 1 minute and 50 seconds.  When I was in New York I was apart of a great running group called the Wannabees!  We did Cat Hill in Central Park every Tuesday.  These workouts exponentially decreased my pace so I know how invaluable hill workouts are and learned the hard way to not go out with all your might on the first leg and finish hard on your last leg.

For the first leg I went fast yet kept in mind that I had to repeat the same hill 2 more times.  So there is some conservation of energy for the first leg.  The second leg I completed at 1 minute and 44 seconds and last leg at 1 minute and 40 seconds.  For my next hill workout the goal is to beat 1 minute and 44 seconds!

Usually what I do is when I get about 1/3 up the hill, I find a visual,ike a parked car or tree to let me know that I will now "push it" a bit and go a bit faster. Once 3/4 up the hill and I find another visual which represents to go all out until I pass my finish line (top of the hill).  I always try and run pass my finish line so  that when I cross I am still going the fastest I have gone the entire run as I noticed early on that when I saw the finish I tended to slow down just before reaching it so my mantra as I get close to the end of a race is "race past the finish line."

In Transformation,

Yvonne

No comments:

Post a Comment