Sunday, December 8, 2013

Day 7 - Long Run vs. Icy Snow Storm

I tolled with the idea of waking up at 5am to do 6 miles outdoor for my long run today and beat out the snow storm that was due to hit my area of Maryland by 9am. Yet the idea turned to dust when by 5am the most sleep I got was about 2 hours...Time came and went and the snow which was now ice looked backed and me and said "what are you waiting for"!

After all was said and done, I got out the house about 7pm to begin my long run.  I have run in bad weather before and was happy to run.  Yet one time around the block in the dark I knew I had waited to long to do a long run tonight as the icy condition of the road would stop me at the 3 mile mark and with my ipod sensor zonking out I called it a night.

Happy to run the 3 miles tonight though and I have decided to "swap" my training days - meaning I will do 6 miles tomorrow at the gym instead and use today's run and tomorrow's Monday 3 miles - confusing I know.  My pace suffered due to the ice on the ground yet I am happy to get anytime running outside to get my running outdoor legs back.


So motto for today is that any training is better than no training. 

In Transformation,

Yvonne

No comments:

Post a Comment