Monday, December 9, 2013

Day 8 - 6 miles Long Run Done! Back to Schedule


So the icy rain ended about 1pm and I figured why NOT go outdoor to run 6 miles instead of hopping on the treadmill!  Though I have done long runs on the treadmill before, it is probably wisest to concentrate more of my long runs outdoors this training season.  Though icicles where falling from the trees, I managed around my neighborhood and enjoyed my winter wonderland.

Luckily I found a loop that is about 1 mile around starting and ending from my house! So basically six times around would do it. With loops, what I have found to be enjoyable so that it does not get boring and is challenging at the same time is that at the half way point, (which in this instance would be 3miles) I reverse and run the loop essentially the other way; so downhills become uphills and uphills become downhills.  This first changes things up scenery wise and also does not let my legs get to comfortable when running loops to train!


In Transformation,

Yvonne

No comments:

Post a Comment