Monday, March 23, 2015

A Feel Good Long Run & Upcoming First Race!

11 Mile Run today actually felt really good. It was a gorgeous day and there is something defiant about going out for a long run on a work day - MONDAY! So I had to be at work yesterday, Sunday and was just not able to pull off running 11 miles and then going into work so it was run today or bust! I am glad I was able to it and headed into work after. I know most people can't afford a Monday Morning off yet if you can take a couple of hours on a Monday morning - it definitely takes the edge of the "Mundane Monday" thing.
 
So I did the 11 miles in about a 10 mim/mile average pace which is a great improvement as last week I did 10 miles in about the same amount of time it took me today to do 11 miles! So the running is dare I say... staring to feel good! Plus I felt a lot better today than last week where legs felt like lead and today they felt normal. I also felt my breathing was much more in tune with my stride.
 

 
 
So because yesterday ended up being a unexpected rest day, I will do today's called for 3 miles on Friday instead of rest. So week 3 schedule looks like this -
 
3.23    3 Miles (11 Miles done today to make up for unexpected rest day yesterday)
3.24    6 Miles
3.25    3 Miles
3.26    4x800
3.27    Rest  ( 3 mile make up for 3.23)
3.28    6 Mile Pace
3.29    8 Miles - I will be doing a 12K (7.45 Miles) Race with the DC Road Runners. I will do half a mile before the race to make a full 8 mile.
 
Total: 26 Miles plust 4X800 speed workout.
 
I am looking forward to the 12K race put on by DC Road Runners on March 29th in Burke, VA.  My last race was last year December 2014.  It is always great to run under race conditions. My pace is usually so much faster under race conditions than training an is a better indicator of how I am progressing.
 
Still in calorie range of aboaut 1200 to 1500 calories a day depending on my activity level. It is alot harder for me to count calories on weekends as I am busier and doing more mileage and burning crazy amounts of calories so I usually eyeball my intake and try and stay in range. How does your weekend eating habits differ from your weekday eating habits?
 
Motiviaton music check this week - "I Lived", One Republic; "Animals", Maroon 5; "Truffle Butter", Nicki Minaj; "Riptide", Vance Joy
 
Here's to BQ'ing in 2015,
Yvonne



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment