Sunday, March 15, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up - 5 and 10 Mile Runs


Hope you had a great weekend! Saturday was the Rock and Roll Marathon in DC! It was a rainy morning and it reminded me that training in all weather elements is important as you never know what you may wake up to on Marathon Day as they usually happen rain or shine . 

Saturday mornings are currently reserved for my son's tiny tot class. I think I have more fun at the class than he does!


After class my family was pretty hungry so I made lasagna! This would be reward after my 5 mile pace run which awaited me.
I lucked out and got out for the run with no rain yet about at mile 4 it started to drizzle then rain for my last mile. I was sort of glad as I personally hate getting wet yet it was good training and I learn how to deal every time I get caught out in the rain.
Though I did not finish within a 9 min/mile I was happy to be under 48 minutes which was the time I did last Tuesday on my 5 mile treadmill run. So goal for next 5 miler is to finish at or under 46 minutes.

Stretching is something that I have not done consistently. ..after a run its usually the last thing I want to do. So I  will need to get some good stretch routines down and get better at before and after run stretching. When I do stretch I feel so much better and my runs benefit immensely.

Sunday mornings are now reserved for my long runs! I am making long runs a priority this training cycle and it will be the first thing I do on Sunday mornings....yes rain or shine.
 Thankfully today it was shine and cool. 

The run however was tough as it took a while for me to warm up and because  of a bit of leg soreness I was at a slow crawl up the hilly sections of the run. Yet I got to 10 miles and accomplished my first long run.
Are you a Sunday long runner or find another day best to get your long runs under your belt? What stretches really make your runs better? Anytime I stretch my hamstrings and hips my runs are smoother.

Here's to BQing' in 2015,
Yvonne

No comments:

Post a Comment