Friday, March 27, 2015

Speed Workout and 3 Miler on Rest Day

Thursday's speed workout was tough yet fast, so it was over quickly. I started with a quarter mile warmup to build me up to my half-mile (800 meter) sprint then cooled down/warmed up again with another quarter mile leading into the next half-mile sprint.
Schedule called for 4×800 sprints which totalled 2 miles and with warm-ups I did 3 miles. First sprint I did at about a 8:30  min/mile then went down to 8:17 min/mile for my last sprint gradually decreasing in between.
Weight workout I did before running yesterday as I have slacked off in the weight room. I did biceps curls with shoulder press and one arm dumbbell rows.

Today was a rest day yet I had to make up 3 miles from Sunday's unexpected rest day. I decided I would do the 3 miles on treadmill during break from work. Yet the whole day went by and it was then 7:00pm. I really really really did not want to do these 3 miles and wanted to just go home. 

Yet I got out gym bag, changed and headed to gym. I knew I would hate myself in the morning if I skipped this and there was no way to make up later and I also knew I would feel so good afterwards.


So happy that I got it done. How do you motivate yourself to work out when you just  don't want to?

Here's to BQ'ing 2015,
Yvonne

No comments:

Post a Comment