Tuesday, March 10, 2015

My Friend the Treadmill and Over the Ear Headphones

Treadmill running to start training 2015.  I actually do enjoy running on the treadmill for pace control and during times when outdoor running ofcourse is not an option. I do not plan on doing more that 5 miles on treadmill however this training session as I really want to get stronger at self pacing and get faster by pushing my speed on the road rather than pressing the speed button on the treadmill. 
 
Monday I did 3 miles and abs! I started of with a flat incline for a mile and half and finished on a .5 incline. Tomorrow 3 mile work out will be on the road on a hilly course so goals is to complete under 28  minutes! 
 
 
Today was 5 miles on the treadmill and still running a little over a 9 min/mile. I  will also try to get my 5 miles done at about a 8:30 min/mile for next week with goal to finish under 45 minutes. 
 
 
Yesterday's lunch was a green drink (300 calories) - yes I have a nutribullet! I love green drinks as I get my veggies (kale or spinach) and fruits (grapes, oranges, banana, apple...) all in one serving. I had some more almonds (360 calories in total) and a slice of no cheese pizza (oh I am a pescatarian so I only eat fish and seafood and I also don't eat any dairy - no milk, cheese or eggs) with hummus and black corn chips (499 calories). So with breakfast at (356 calories) I totalled at 1515 calories - 100 calories over my 1400 mark! Yet practice makes perfect and with the 3 mile run I burned about 360 calories so I am good.
 
 
Today so far I have had 1182 calories and with a 300 calorie dinner (almost 7pm as type and planning to hav dinner at about 8pm tonight) I will hit about 1482. Yet with 5 miles done today and about 560 calories burned I am on target so far.

Calorie counting is not a perfect science and shouldn't be...don't want to go crazy yet just as long as I  am taking in what I need and not more than I use I will hit my target which is about a pound a week for the next 30ish weeks. No workout today yet will do arms and chest tomorrow and legs and back on Thursday.
 
So I got over the ear headphones today as my in ear headphones kept popping out of my ears when I got too sweaty! I love over the ears head phones for running as it keeps my tunes in place! Right now my motivating songs are Uptown Funk - Bruno Mars, Lips are Moving - Meghan Trainor, Ghost - Ella Henderson and FourFiveSeconds - Rihanna, Kaney, and Paul McCartney.
 
What are your motivating songs right now?..mines change every week....
 
Here's to BQing in 2015,
Yvonne


 

No comments:

Post a Comment