Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Marathon Training 2015 Begins!

It's March and winter hibernation is officially over. This training session is all about hitting every training day, making no excuses (yes even weather will not have a place on this training blog unless I am running in it!) and reveling in the glory of the reward - yes reveling! Sneakers came in last week and the Brooks Ravenna 5 are so far great on my feet. I am glad the reflecting features of sneakers are working :) I ran 3 miles on Saturday to test them out.


My training schedule will still follow Al Higdon's model. I will also follow a calorie eating lifestyle meant to burn fat and gain muscle tone (1200 to 1500 calories daily) and I will detail both of these schedules and goals in my next post.

Marathon I am hoping to run is the Marine Corp Marathon or now called "The People's Marathon" on October 25, 2015 in DC/VA area. This is a Boston Qualifier which you gain entry via lottery, or if you have ran 7 Marine Corp Marathons in the past or are running for a charity. The lottery opens up next Friday March 13th and closes on March 22nd - fingers crossed. I do have a couple of back up marathons in mind if I do not gain entry by lottery so hoping I don't have to go there...fingers crossed again. 

So this week I am solidifying my schedule as this will be my foundation for success as though knowing how many miles to run needs to go along with knowing when you are going to run! Looking forward to sharing that and getting feedback from you! 

Anyone out there also training to Boston Qualify this year? If so what race are you planning for and what training program will you use?


Here's to BQ 2015,
Yvonne

No comments:

Post a Comment