Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Chocolate Attack and Already Feeling Benefits of Running More

There are just certain cravings which I most satisfy....of course running is one and the other is dark chocolate. I love Lindt as they are one of the few who make dark chocolate bars without using milk. Some of their bars do contain milk yet their solely dark chocolates do not. I felt for a smoother taste and went with the 70% cocoa today. When I want something stronger I go for the 85%. I had 2 squares which hit the spot at 250 calories, on my way home from work - a good sweet snack.

Today called for a 3 mile run which I did during lunch break. I felt a lot more energized as I had a good breakfast of a waffle at about 7am when I left for work and oatmeal with blackberries around 10ish. I also had some almonds right before I left to head to gym.

I was able to push my speed early in the 3 mile run and was at an 8:30 min/mile by about a mile and half I in and I ended at about a 8:00 min/mile. I completed the run in a little over 25 minutes, fasted 3 mile yet!



On Tuesday I did the 5 miles called for also during my lunch break and completed in 47 minutes. 
Current goals fo 3 mile run is to accomplish at 8:00 min/mile speed finishing at or under 24 minutes and to finish the 5 mile run at or under 9:00 min/mile - in about 45 minutes.

Thursday calls for a 30 minutes Tempo run which is essentially building up effort during the run and peaking in the middle and towards the end. I am striving to do about 3.5 miles during this time and really continue to push my speed efforts.

Any crazy cravings that you must sastify? I am already feeling my lungs getting stronger from my running efforts. I have always been a fast walker and could always climb up stairs and escalators yet this week such task seem easier. My breathing is getting more controlled during runs as well. One great aspect about running is that the benefits don't take long start manifesting.

Here's to BQing' in 2015
Yvonne

No comments:

Post a Comment