Saturday, March 21, 2015

Ehh 5 Miler & Need to Start Icing!


So had to go into work today and spent the better part of the morning at my desk day dreaming of getting out for my run.

Today called for a 5 mile run. Happy to be in the city of DC as it was a great gorgeous day for running though I had to work . I started feeling some soreness though in my right ankle and it did stymie me from warming up a bit earlier in a run than I am use to. So ended up doing the 5 just under 50 minutes yet running around the Mall is always a plus.

I will ice my ankle and my shins tonight in preparation for my long run tomorrow. 

Thursday I was not feeling a 100 percent so I took my rest day that day  and did my tempo run yesterday. I did it on the treadmill yet did not do 3.5 miles in the 30 minutes as I had hoped and did about 3.25. 

I did feel better on Friday and feel good today besides the sore ankle. I do sometimes take Tylenol or Motrin for pain to get me through a run. I may take some before my long run tomorrow or before I head to bed tonight. I try not to take it too often though and will try R.I.C.E (rest, ice, compression, elevation) before medication. How do you feel about pain meds?

Still consuming less than I am using calorie wise and will do a weight check next weekend at 3 week marker. Appetite is staying steady and cravings are minimal  (see Wednesday's
dark chocolate attack). Feeling good and looking forward to my running improving.

Have a great rest of your weekend and chat again on weekend wrap up!

Here's to BQ'ing in 2015,
Yvonne

No comments:

Post a Comment