Monday, March 30, 2015

Weekend Wrap-Up and Week 4

Had a great race yesterday in Burke, Virginia put on by the DC Road Runners! The 12K which is about 7.45 miles went almost around Burke Lake with a turnaround and back to the start which is also the finish, so an out and back run. This is great because you get to see the front of the pack (the really fast runners) on their way back to finish the race - this motivates me as I know the turnaround point is somewhere in site and I look forward to making my way back as well.
 
I completed the race in 1:06 at a 9:13 min/mile. My Garmin shows a distance of 7.21 miles instead of 7.45 miles - course distances may vary slightly and I guess I was really hugging the turns and lost some distance off my course. I did do my half mile warm up before the race as my schedule called for 8 miles.
 
 
 
 
This course race was scenic with both paved and dirt trail paths. Also rolling with hills and valleys so not flat. It was a great trainer and I felt good and finally gave into the speed which I know I have, now to build on from here. Below is me and baby Enzo right before the start.
 
Saturday I did the 6 mile outdoors around my neighborhood. I am glad as my neighborhood is pretty hilly and the race course was just as hilly...it prepared me.  Sounds weird to run before a run instead or rest yet my body actually needs a good amount of warming up and so this was really good for me.
 
 
This week's schedule looks like this -
 
3.30 Monday           3 Miles
3.31 Tuesday           6 Miles
4.1 Wednesday        3 Miles
4.2 Thursday            4xHills
4.3 Friday                Rest
4.4 Saturday            6 Mile Pace
4.5 Sunday              13 Miles
__________________________
Total                       31 Miles and 4xHills
 
Looking forward to increasing the mileage!
 
Here's to BQing' in 2015,
Yvonne


 

No comments:

Post a Comment